The Gingerbread House is a small restaurant here that I just love. They always have new and interesting creations on their menu board. OK, well they’re new to me, so whatever. I’m sure that people in bigger cities, will look at their menu and say “My gosh woman, I’ve been eating like that forever”. Well, sorry I’ve been under a rock. I didn’t have my first avocado until last year. So I’m behind… on everything!
Back to the Gingerbread house. They give me some great ideas for easy meals that I can create at home. Things that I may not have normally thought of. Like these Mini Chicken Salad, Avocado and Cheese Subs. Actually when I had them at the Gingerbread House they were grilled and on sourdough… maybe. I can’t remember exactly what kind of bread they were on.
For the ones I make at home I use King’s Hawaiian’s mini sub rolls. I love the sweet bread with these sandwiches.
I’m also still trying to perfect my chicken salad recipe. I don’t know why I can’t seem to get this right. I love the chicken salad from the local market here, but I just can’t seem to replicate it at home. I mean the kind I make at home is good, but it’s just good. I want GREAT chicken salad.
Do you have a great chicken salad recipe? Send it to me! haha
This sandwich has really become one of my new favorites. It’s so simple. Chicken Salad, Sliced Avocados, Colby Jack cheese and sometimes I add a little ranch dressing to it. Sandwiched between two sweet bread rolls and heated just enough to melt the cheese; it comes out perfect every time.
Today’s #SundaySupper is all about Picnic Favorites and I thought that my new favorite sandwich would be the perfect addition!
I’m also in love with these mini videos that White on Rice told us about at the conference last weekend, so pardon me if I stick one in my posts for a while haha.
Salads and Slaws:
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad from Juanita’s Cocina
- Caprese Spinach Salad from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chicken Chopped Salad from Table for Seven
- Cold Pea Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Creamy Potato Salad with Roasted Pears, Cilantro and Romano Cheese from Gourmet Drizzles
- German Potato Salad from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Hawaiian Cole Slaw from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Chopped Salad from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kale Pasta Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mizeria (Polish Cucumber Salad) from From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- PA Dutch Pepper Cabbage from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pineapple Slaw from I Run For Wine
- Spaghetti Salad from Country Girl in the Village
- Tortellini Pasta Salad from Supper for a Steal
Sandwiches and Mains:
- Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich from Momma’s Meals
- Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Sandwich from Magnolia Days
- Grilled Bratwurst and Onion Open-Face Sandwiches from The Urban Mrs
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Green Goddess Sauce from Foxes Love Lemons
- Herbs-Garlic and Parmesan Croissants from Basic N Delicious
- Indian Spiced Chicken Drumsticks from Soni’s Food
- Japanese Picnic Bento Box from The Ninja Baker
- Mini Chicken Salad, Avocado and Cheese Subs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Moroccan Fried Chicken from MarocMama
- Pepper, Spinach and Goat’s Cheese Quiche from Happy Baking Days
- Picnic Basket Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Noshing with the Nolands
- Salmon in a Jar from Healthy. Delicious.
- Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spam Musubi fromKimchi Mom
- Apricot Oat Nut Bars from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treat Pops from In The Kitchen With KP
- Cocoa Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fruit Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fruit Salad with Honey Port Drizzle from Family Foodie
- Loaded Butterscotch Bars from Vintage Kitchen
- Nathan’s Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treat Truffles from Chocolate Moosey
- Shandy Popsicles With Raspberries from Ruffles & Truffles
- Texas Sheet Cake with Pecan Frosting from Food Lust People Love
- Triple Chocolate Punch Bowl Cake from Neighborfood
- Fresh Limeade with Chia Seeds from girlichef
- Pineapple Sangria from Growing Up Gabel
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade from The Messy Baker Blog
- Strawberry Lemonade from Gotta Get Baked
- Top 10 Wines for Picnic #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine blog
- Watermelon Agua Fresca from Daily Dish Recipes
Join us tonight on Twitter at 7pm EST for our weekly chat! Follow the hashtag #SundaySupper to get in on the conversation!