- Yield: 2 Mini Loaded Potato Skillets
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (I bake bacon in the oven and then chop it)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, slice potatoes into thin chips. Pat slices dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl toss potatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Lay out in a single layer on a cookie sheet (may need 2 cookie sheets).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Checking on them close to 10 minutes, don\'t let them burn.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- In two single serve cast-iron skillets, (or 1 large one), begin with one layer of baked potato chips. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits. Add another layer of chips. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits.
- Add another layer of chips and sprinkle with the last layer of cheese and bacon bits. Place the cast-iron skillets into the 425F oven for about 5-6 minutes or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven. Careful, skillets will be very, very hot.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.