- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- Serves: 4
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 4 Salmon fillets, about 6 oz each
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder for carrots & 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder for salmon
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a rimmed baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Set Salmon filets on the counter to come to room temperature for 15-20 minutes while working on carrots.
- Cut carrots in half and then in half lengthwise.
- Place carrots on half of the baking sheet. (leave the other side open).
- Use a few pieces of foil to create a basket/bowl that fits into the open space. This is where the salmon will cook later.
- Remove foil basket and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning to carrots. Sprinkle with a few dashes of black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While carrots are cooking, place salmon filets in the foil basket.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with the remaining seasonings. Sprinkle with a few dashes of black pepper.
- Once carrots have cooked for 15 minutes, add foil basket of salmon to the sheet pan.
- Cook 15 more minutes.
- According to the FDA, salmon is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. You can check this with an instant-read thermometer in the thickest part of the fish. Or you can check it how I do and just use a fork to check to see if the salmon is flaky. Salmon should flake fairly easy once cooked.
Leave a Comment