- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 cups broccoli, chopped (or more depending on how much you want)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Paprika *optional for sprinkling on top
- For the Broccoli: Cook the broccoli either in the microwave or on the stove top. For the microwave, place the broccoli into a medium sized bowl and toss with about 3 or 4 tablespoons of water. Place into the microwave and cook for about 4 minutes until tender. Drain water and set aside. If you\'ve rather cook it on the stove top, bring a pot of water to a boil, add broccoli and cook for 3-4 4 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Drain and chop the broccoli (I chopped mine super fine and mainly only used the \"tree tops\" for this, but you can use the whole thing if you want). Set aside.
- Pour the chicken broth into a small sauce pan and place it onto the stove top over low heat just to warm it up a bit.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the arborio rice and stir. Let it toast in the melted up for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After about 3 minutes, stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth. Let simmer until almost all of the liquid is gone.
- Add the second cup of chicken broth and stir. Again, let the rice simmer until the liquid is gone.
- Add the 3rd cup of chicken broth and stir. Right before all of the liquid is gone, add in the broccoli and stir. Remove from the heat and add in the cheese. Stir the rice and cheese until all of the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.