- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 4-6 servings of Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet 16 oz ground beef, 85% lean 15% fat
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic (or 2 cloves of garlic, minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon no salt seasoning salt (I use 7th Wonder, Salt Free Seasoning)
- 4 cups beef broth (or chicken broth)
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese (or your favorite kind)
- *Garnished with fresh parsley in the photos*
- In a large skillet, season the beef with the garlic and seasoning salt, then brown the ground beef.
- Once the beef is cooked, drain the excess grease.
- Add in the beef broth and bring to a simmer. Add in the macaroni and stir. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender.
- Add in the milk and stir. Add in the cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve hot.
Hi! What size skillet? I have one cast iron, forget what size it is, but this sounds like it would need a big skillet. Thanks.
Hey! I’m 99% sure mine is a 9 inch skillet.
Do you simmer covered or uncovered?
Uncovered. If I ever cover a recipe to simmer I always make sure to add that part in there. 🙂
I made this for my meat and potatoes husband, and he loved it! I prefer not to eat things that are processed and this homemade hamburger helper is great! It was super easy to make and tastes great, even better as leftovers.
I’m so glad that you liked it!