- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 13 Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites
- 16 ounces Cherry Chocolate Rum Cake (Cape Fear Rum Cake)
- 13 maraschino cherries, drained
- 16 ounces melting chocolate candy coating
- Optional** - 6 oz white or milk chocolate for drizzle.
- In a large bowl, crumble the rum cake.
- Taking a spoonful of crumbs at a time, roll cake into balls. The heat from your hand and the moisture from the rum cake will help form them.
- Press your thumb into the middle and add 1 cherry to each ball.
- Roll cake over cherry and roll it back into a ball.
- Place on a flat sheet and place into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions.
- Remove chocolate cherry bites from freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate.
- Tap off excess and lay chocolate bites on a flat surface lined with foil or parchment paper until hardened.
- *Optional* -- Drizzle melted white or milk chocolate over cooled bites.
Leave a Comment