- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Total Time: 45m
- Yield: 9 Brownies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 15 ounces can caramel sweetened condensed milk (OR 1/2 small can dulce de leche mixed with half of a 14 oz can regualr sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 9 caramel filled chocolate bunnies (I made my own, link to that recipe above!)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8x8” baking pan with foil or parchment paper, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan.
- Spray the foil or parchment paper liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and melted butter with a spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Press ¾ of the dough into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- If using the caramel condensed milk, pour 3 oz over the dough.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- If using the dulce de leche and sweetened condensed milk, whisk the two together in a bowl until smooth. Pour 3 oz of the mixture evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Crumble the remaining dough on top, trying as best as you can to cover the condensed milk layer as completely as possible.
- It's ok if it doesn't completely cover it.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Add heavy cream to a sauce pan and heat on medium-high heat. Once the cream is super hot (without boiling) - remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the top of the brownies and spread it to the edges.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars. Because these brownies are super fudgy and gooey, you may want to wait for the brownies to set up overnight before cutting into bars. (OR place them in the fridge)
- Drizzle 2 oz caramel condensed milk or 2 oz of the dulce de leche and sweetened condensed milk mixture over the brownies. Top with mini chocolate caramel bunnies.
- Slice and Serve.