- Serves: 6
- 1 box (16oz) bowtie pasta (or any small shape), uncooked
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Soul Seasoning (I used the Food Lion Brand, it\'s a seasoning salt)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 -7 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (or 2-4 chicken breasts)
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 stick of butter
- Parmesan Cheese* optional
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot on medium heat. Once the butter is melted, continue to cook butter until it bubbles and turns a caramel brown color. Add bow tie pasta to stock pot and stir. Let cook for 1 minute while continuously stirring.Add in chicken broth and stir. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed by pasta, stir occasionally.While the pasta is simmering in the chicken broth, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a skillet and heat on medium to high heat.
- Cut chicken into bite size cubes and season with a little soul seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the hot skillet and cook until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the skillet. Sprinkle with a dash of soul seasoning. Add in the tomatoes and saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Once the mushrooms are tender, add in spinach and cook until spinach has wilted.
- Once all of the chicken broth has been absorbed into pasta, toss the mushrooms, tomatoes and chicken into the pot with the pasta. Add in the chicken and stir well to combine everything. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and serve!
Leave a Comment