- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2h
- Total Time: 2h 10m
- Serves: 4
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 head of garlic, about 12-14 cloves, peeled (mince half of the garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 ounces Olive Oil
- 1 (15oz) can of whole carrots, drained (I used Le Sueur Baby Carrots)*Optional to serve with the chicken:
- Yellow Saffron Rice, cooked according to package directions
- Peas with mushrooms and pearl onions, heated
- *You'll also need foil and a oven proof skillet (or large baking dish)
- Pre-heat oven to 300F.Lay the chicken thighs, skin up, in the skillet. Spread the minced garlic onto the chicken. Season with seasoning salt and paprika.
- Toss in the rest of the whole garlic cloves and evenly spread the carrots around the chicken in the skillet. Drizzle the olive oil onto the chicken.
- Turn the chicken over so that the skin is facing down in the skillet.
- Cover the skillet with foil, crimping the edges tightly and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake chicken for 45 minutes.
- CAREFULLY remove from the oven and flip the chicken thighs so that the skin side is up.
- Carefully place foil back onto skillet and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil.
- Scoop out some of the juices and place in a small bowl.
- Turn the broiler on.
- Let the chicken thighs sit in the oven, under the broiler for 7-10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and crispy.
- Drizzle with chicken drippings before serving.
- **Optional plating -- serve over Yellow Saffron Rice & Peas with mushrooms and pearl onions**
Leave a Comment