- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 egg yolks
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (should be 1 can)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks)
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -3 cups chocolate icing (homemade or store bought)
- Pre-heat the oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and coco powder. (I do this in my stand mixer).
- Next add in the eggs, milk and oil. Mix Well. Stir in the vanilla. Carefully mix in the boiling water. The batter with be liquid like!
- Pour batter into cupcake liners that have been placed into a cupcake tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 300F for 30 minutes or until done.
- Let cool.
- Whisk egg yolks, milk and vanilla together in a medium sauce pan. Whisk in the sugar and butter and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut and the pecans.
- Let cool.
- I used canned chocolate fudge icing for these cupcakes. But if you want to make your own chocolate icing that will work too.
- Pipe a ring of chocolate icing around the top of the cupcakes and then top the cupcake with the coconut pecan filling.
Leave a Comment