- Yield: 1 large pumpkin normally gives me 7-8 cups of puree
- 1 large pumpkin
- 3/4 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cut the top off of the pumpkin. Slice the pumpkin into large wedges. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice off a thin layer from each pumpkin wedge to remove the seeds.Put the pumpkin wedges into a large oven safe dish (I split mine into two large oven safe dishes)
- Pour in the water, cover and bake at 350F for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven. Carefully remove lids and watch for steam!
- Pumpkins should be fork tender.
- Carefully remove from dishes and lay on a flat surface. Let cool for 1-2 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Use a spoon to scrape the pumpkin \"meat\" from the skin.
- Put the pumpkin into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.