- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:45h
- Total Time:1h
- Yield: 1 three layer 9 inch cake
- 3 cups flour (all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, temperature (1 cup)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 4 medium bananas)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (with the juices)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups pecans, chopped (I roasted mine)
- Nonstick baking spray
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature (1 cup)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the bananas (with the peels on) on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Let cool. Peel and mash the bananas, set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the white and brown sugar with the butter. Add in the vanilla.
- Mix in the eggs, bananas and pineapples. Mix in the milk.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Mix in 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Divide batter evenly into 3 three prepared cake pans. (I sprayed mine with non-stick cooking spray and places a parchment circle in the bottom of each pan before filling)
- Bake for 35 minutes. Test the cake by sticking the toothpick into the center of the cake, toothpick should be clean when you remove it if the cake is done.
- Remove cakes from oven and let them cool completely.
- Once cooled, carefully level the tops of the cakes with a serrated knife.
For the Frosting
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Carefully mix in 2 cups powdered sugar. Add in the vanilla and mix well.
To assemble the cake:
- Stack the cakes on top of each other with a layer of frosting in between each layer. Frost the entire cake. Top with 1 cup chopped pecans.