- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- Serves: 4
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 20 stalks of asparagus
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 400F.
- Roll thawed puff pastry into a large square and cut into 4 smaller squares.
- Place squares on a baking sheet and use a sharp knife, score a 1/2 inch to 1/4 inch border around the edges of each square.
- Use a fork to prick the center area of each square.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a spoon or flat side of the fork to press the center down on each square.
- Take one piece of asparagus and snap it in half. Use this asparagus to trim the ends from the other pieces. Throw away the hard ends.
- Blanch the remaining asparagus in hot water for 2-3 minutes (either in bowl of water the microwave or in a pot of water on the stove)
- Cut the asparagus in half.
- Add asparagus to all of the pastry shells, line the asparagus up in a row in the center of each pastry.
- Crack an egg onto each one.
- Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and add cheese and pieces of prosciutto to each tart.
- Place back into the oven for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Leave a Comment