- Serves: 2 People
- 2 Baking Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/4 cup diced carrots, steamed or boiled
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli, steamed or boiled
- 6 ounces shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup diced chicken or (diced steak) cooked
**Tip** This is great for using up leftover chicken or steak. If I don't have leftover chicken or steak, I chop up small pieces of chicken and steak and cook them in a frying pan for a few minutes until done. Buy pre-cooked chicken, packaged or rotisserie, to save time as well. Boil or steam broccoli and carrots together to save time as well.
- Prick each potato with a fork. Rub each potatoes with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Check the middles of the potatoes, potatoes should be soft through the entire potato. If the potato is still a little hard, microwave for 1 minute and check again. Repeat until soft.
- Turn broiler of oven on now.
- Slice top of potato lengthwise. Push sides of potato inwards to open potato up. *potato will be hot*
- Add a little butter to the inside of the potato. (optional)
- Fill potato with chicken (or steak) and vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and top with bacon bits.
- Put under broiler for 30-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Serve Hot.
Leave a Comment