- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Yield: 6 potatoes
- 6 Baked Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Mac and Cheese (my recipe below)
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Bacon Bits
- Dried Parsley (optional)
- & any other potato toppings you love
Mac and Cheese:
- 16 ounces small shell pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and diced
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prick sides of potato with a fork.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake for about 45 minutes - 1 hour until tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let sit until cool enough to touch.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise, halfway through and use the palms of your hands to push the ends of the potato towards the center to open the potato.
- Fluff inside of potato with a fork.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter to each potato.
- Add about 1/4 cup mac and cheese to each potato.
- Top with sour cream, bacon bits or any of your favorite potato toppings.
To make Mac and cheese:
- This Mac and Cheese recipe will make enough for about 12 stuffed baked potatoes.
- Half the recipe or just save 1/2 of the mac and cheese for another meal :)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add shell pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour.
- Whisk flour and butter together for 2-4 minutes.
- Pour in milk and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in dry mustard and pepper.
- Heat milk until hot and then add in cream cheese.
- Whisk until melted and smooth.
- Add in all cheese and whisk until melted.
- Pour shell pasta into cheese sauce and mix well.
Leave a Comment