- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- Yield: 9 large cinnamon rolls
For Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cans refrigerated large cinnamon rolls with icing packets
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup blueberry compote (recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons Blueberry Bakery Emulsion (extract) (I used LorAnn's)
- 2 teaspoons Cream Cheese Bakery Emulsion (extract) (I used LorAnn's)
- butter for buttering pan
For Blueberry Compote
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
FOR BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
- Make Blueberry Compote first!
- In a medium sauce pan add 1 cup of blueberries and the water. Stir in the honey.
- Heat over medium heat until it starts to boil. Add the sugar and stir.
- Reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes,
- Add the rest of the blueberries and let simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
For Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl with a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in two teaspoons Blueberry Bakery Emulsion (extract)
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- Once powdered sugar is mixed in, slowly adding in somewhere between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup of blueberry mixture. Add just enough and mix until it because a smooth blueberry like paste.
- (use remaining blueberry compote on waffles, pancakes, blueberry lemonade or for muffins!)
- Remove cinnamon rolls from package and unroll them.
- Spread blueberry mixture all over the cinnamon rolls insides.
- Roll Cinnamon rolls back up and place into a buttered pie dish, or a large baking dish. You will need 2 pie dishes if using those.
- Baking in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, spoon icing from cinnamon roll package into a small bowl.
- Add in 1 teaspoon Cream Cheese Bakery Emulsion (extract). Stir until smooth.
- As soon as cinnamon rolls are done, remove them from oven and drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
- When serving, place cinnamon roll on place and drizzle with blueberry syrup from the bottom of the pie dish!