- Serves: 6
- 2 pounds of red potatoes (I love Black Gold Farms/Better with Reds)
- a large stock pot
- You\'ll also need:
- 1/4 cup Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 pound sausage (like andouille sausage)
- 8 ears of corn, cut in half
- 2 pounds raw shrimp (don't peel!)
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 lemons
- Water to fill the pot
- Fill a large stock pot half way with water. Place the pot on the stove top and turn the heat to medium. Add in the garlic powder, bay leaves, dry mustard, paprika and Old Bay. Stir. Toss in the onions. Quarter 1 lemon and toss it into the water. (Save the other 2 for after it\'s cooked)
- Cut the large red potatoes in half and leave the smaller ones whole.
- Once the water is simmering, toss the red potatoes into the water.
- Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the sausage and cook for 6 minutes.
- Toss the in corn cobs and let everything cook for 10 minutes. Check the corn with a fork to make sure that the kernels are tender after 10 minutes. (Also check the potatoes to make sure they\'re tender as well) If they need more time, let them cook for a few minutes longer.
- If they\'re ready, add in the shrimp. Shrimp will only need to cook for about 3 minutes (maybe 4 -but they\'ll turn pink and curl up when done).
- Remove pot from the stove and turn off the heat, Drain the liquid and serve! (Save some of the broth for dipping!)
- Serve with bowls of broth and lemon wedges.
Leave a Comment