- Yield: Makes 3 Pints
- 15 Apples, peels and cored, (I used red Jazz Apples)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Slice the apples and place them into the bowl of a crock pot.
- In a bowl , combine the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples. Add in vanilla and toss to coat.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Once the apples have cooked for 10 hours, puree with an immersion blender or puree batches in a regular blender.
- Let the apple butter cool and then funnel (or spoon) into pint sized jars! Seal and place into the refrigerator!
- **I\'ve found that the Apple butter will keep in the fridge for 3 weeks and Brown Eyed Baker says that it will keep in the freezer for 2 months. :)