- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 4
For Cream Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 24 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 Rib-eye Steaks (or your favorite cut)
- Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
For Cream Sauce:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and stir in mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with Old Bay.
- Cook mushrooms until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the corn starch over the mushrooms and stir.
- In a medium bowl, combine, mustard, Worcestershire, soy sauce, and heavy cream. Whisk to combine.
- Add to mushrooms and stir.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until thick.
- Pour over hot steaks and serve.
- Let steaks come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Once preheated, place a oven safe skillet into the oven to heat for 10 minutes. *this will be the pan you cook the steak in, we used a large cast iron pan for ours*
- **IF you want to finish cooking the steak in the oven, leave the oven on, if you\' like your steak rare or medium rare there is no need to use the oven after pre-heating the pan**
- Lightly season each side of each rib eye with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Carefully, remove the pre-heated pan from the oven and place onto the stove top. Turn the burner to medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and carefully swirl the pan to coat the bottom.
- Lay one or two steaks into the hot pan (depending on size) . Let the steak cook (without touching it) for 2-3 minutes depending on thickness.
- Flip the steak and add 2 tablespoons butter to the pan. (1 tablespoon per steak in the pan)
- Let the butter melt and while the steak is cooking, spoon some of the butter over the steak.
- Let this side also cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Depending on how you like your steak cooked, serve it as is or move the pan to the oven to finish cooking the steak for a few minutes.
- Repeat the process for the remaining steaks.
- Let the steak rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Top with cream sauce (recipe above).