- Yield: 1 loaf pan of ice cream
- 2 cups heavy cream (1 pint)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 (14 oz) can sweet condensed milk
- Neon Pink Food Coloring
- Neon Purple Food Coloring
- Neon Blue Food Coloring
- Neon Green Food Coloring
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- In large bowl (or a stand mixer) whip heavy cream and vanilla together a few minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and whisk until combined.
- Separate mixture into 4 bowls.
- Tint one bowl of ice cream base mixture with a few drops of the neon pink icing. Mix well. Add more pink and mix if desired.
- Do the same thing with the remaining colors and remaining bowls of ice cream base mixture.
- You should have one bowl of pink ice cream base, one bowl of purple, one bowl of blue and one bowl of neon green.
- Spoon mixtures into a loaf pan, alternating spoonfuls of color.
- Once all of the mixture is in the loaf pan, take a knife and run it through the load pan in a figure 8 a few times to swirl the ice cream colors.
- Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
- Freeze for several hours or over night until frozen.
- **NOTE/TIP** - a glass loaf pan will work but a metal one will freeze the ice cream better.
Hello. Just confused on the note part for the ice cream. Which will work a glass or a metal ? Also can I put this ice cream in an empty ice cream container to freeze ?
What part are you confused about? A glass loaf pan will work but a metal one will freeze the ice cream better. I’ve never tried freezing it in an empty ice cream container. It seems to freeze better in the metal loaf pans because they get colder in the freezer.
Haha sorry I just misread. Thanks so much for responding 🙂 my daughters first birthday is coming up and it’s unicorn theme so this will be perfect
oh my goodness that’s going to be the cutest party ever!!! If you so make the ice cream I’d love to see a picture on it on my facebook page or in my facebook page group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/BigBearsWife/
If you need to see photos of the one I made, the post is here – https://www.bigbearswife.com/unicorn-ice-cream-no-churn-ice-cream/
Hiya really wanting to make this exact ice cren for
My daughters 3rd birthday party also unicorn themed. Please could you tell me which brand of food colouring gels you used.
I’ve used a few different brands but I’m 99% sure that for the photos for the blog I used the McCormick ones.
Thank you love x