- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 5 Breakfast Potatoes
- 5 baked potatoes, cooked and cooled slightly** see notes below about baked potatoes
- 1 1/4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Cabot's White Oak Cheddar & Cabot's Alpine Cheddar)
- 1/2 cup diced summer sausage (or ham or bacon)
- 5 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
***Baked Potato Notes***
- For the Baked Potatoes - You can cook them one of two ways.
- #1 - For quick potatoes - Prick each with a fork and place into a microwave for 8-10 minutes on each side until tender. I normally do 2 at a time.
- If you cook them in the microwave, be sure to rub them with olive pil and season them with salt and pepper AFTER you cook them.
- #2. - for baked potatoes in the oven - Prick each potato all over with a fork. Rub each potato with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap each potato in foil, lay on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour at 425F.
- DON\'t Forget to prick the potatoes! This let\'s the steam escapade while they cook!
- chopped thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay potatoes on a flat surface and carefully slice off about 1/4 or so of the top (of the side). We\'re creating a potato type bowl.
- Carefully use a spoon and scoop out some of the potato. Don\'t scrape all the way to the edges because you\'ll want to leave some potato in there but remove enough to create a shallow bowl with the potato. I like a lot of potato left in mine but you can take out as much as you\'d like. *- Save the potato that you scoop out and make mashed potatoes for another meal!*
- Move potatoes do a baking sheet.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of butter to each potato, a few pieces of summer sausage (or ham or bacon).
- Add some cheese and press everything down into the potatoes with the back of a spoon or your fingers.
- Next, crack an egg into a ramekin and then pour egg into the potato bowl. - Do this for each potato
- Season each egg with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover baking sheet with foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the egg whites have cooked completely.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped thyme for garnish
Leave a Comment