- Cook Time: 25m
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream (8oz container)
- 4 sticks butter, room temperature (2 cups)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple pie filling, chopped up
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Red Pearl Sprinkles
- Green Icing
- Brown Jimmie Sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix together the egg whites, water, and vanilla. Mix on low for about 10 seconds.
- Slowly add the dry mix a little at a time. Mixing on low until everything is combined.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Mix well.
- Line a muffin/cupcake tin with paper liners. Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full of batter. Bake at 325F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Carefully mix in powdered sugar.
- Add in the vanilla and mix well.
- Using a small knife to cut a center chunk from the middle of each cupcake.
- Mix apple pie filling and caramel sauce together.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of chopped apple pie filling into each cupcake.
- Drizzle more caramel on top of apple filling if desired.
- Plug cupcake back with the piece that was removed.
- Pipe a swirl of frosting on cupcakes.
- Add 10 - 16 red pearl sprinkles randomly on each cupcake.
- Pipe a small leaf of green icing (just like a blog/swiggle) on top of each red pearl sprinkle.
- Carefully add a brown jimmie sprinkle for the apple stem.