- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:45m
- Yield: 9 Brownies
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 caramel filled chocolate bunnies (I made my own, link to that recipe above!)
Peanut Butter Filling:
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and peanut butter together over medium heat.
- Once the butter and peanut butter is melted pour it into another large bowl.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the powdered sugar until well combined.
- Place into fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper or foil with overlapping ends (this will make it easier to remove the brownies later).
- In a large bowl, combine the diced butter, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Stick the bowl into the microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir the mixture and then microwave for another 30 seconds
- Let the chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- When the chocolate mixture is has cooled a bit but is still warm, stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Next, stir in the 2 eggs.
- Mix in the the flour to the batter until completely incorporated.
- Stir for 1 minute, about 50-60 stirs.
- Add 1/4 of the brownie batter to the 8x8 lined pan and spread it evenly on the bottom of he pan.
- Add the peanut butter mixture. Take small amounts of the peanut butter dough and press it flat in your hands, then place it into the batter. Cover the batter with a flat layer of the peanut butter mixture but leave about 1/2 inch of uncovered brownie batter along the edges.
- Spoon the rest of the brownie batter over the peanut butter layer.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes.
- When done, the top should be dry, the edges firm and the middle just slightly jiggly.
- Let brownies cool slightly and then press the chocolate caramel bunnies into the top of the brownies.
- Don't place the bunnies on there as soon as it comes out of the oven, the will melt!
- However, if you want extra melted chocolate and caramel on each brownie, place chocolate bunnies onto brownies, evenly, as soon as they come out of the oven. After those bunnies melt and the brownie had cooled, press more bunnies into the brownies on top of the melted brownies.