- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 35m
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 jar RAGÚ® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce (24oz)
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced in half
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- In a large pot, combine the sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lay down a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper onto a flat surface. Lay the chicken halves down and then cover with another piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Using a meat tenderizer or skillet, flatten the chicken breasts.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Add chicken to sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Remove chicken from sauce and shred chicken using two forks.
- Return shredded chicken to sauce and heat.
- To serve, arrange chicken mixture on rolls , top BBQ with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Leave a Comment