- Cook Time: 45m
- Yield: 8 cups
- 10 slices of bacon
- 2 cups water
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 8 -10 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- Cook bacon in a skillet on medium high heat until crispy.
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon and lay on a paper towel to drain.
- In a large pot, add chicken broth, water, potatoes, dill, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a simmer and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Once potatoes are tender, add soup to a blender and puree. (or use an immersion blender to blend it until smooth)
- Add smooth soup back to the pot.
- Add milk and cheese.
- Stir in rice
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Heat until hot and serve.
Leave a Comment