- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup), softened
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 ounces mini robin egg candies (4 oz fine chopped & 4 oz roughly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces melting chocolate (like candy melts)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixer cream the soft butter, brown sugar and white sugar together. Mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Make sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next.
- Add the vanilla. Mix until everything is mixed well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With the machine on low, slowly add the flour mixture to the batter. Mix until just combined.
- Mix 4 oz of the finely chopped mini robin egg candies. Add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 15-20 minutes before moving to rack to cool.
- Once completely cool, melt the chocolate according to package direction and dip half of the cookie into the chocolate.
- Lay on wax paper and sprinkle the wet chocolate with chopped mini robin egg candies.
- Let the chocolate harden before moving.
- Before we get onto the recipe though let me tell you about the tips and tricks for making these cookies perfect:
- Make sure that the mini robin eggs that go into the cookies are chopped very finely. Blend them quickly in a food processed or chop them up really good with a knife. BE CAREFUL thought because they\'ll roll around! You don't want to bake big pieces of whopper type candies inside of the cookies because they\'ll have chewy gummy bits in them that may or may not hurt your teeth. So make sure to chop those up really well.
- Bake these for 10-12 minutes or until the shine is gone but they still look under-cooked. Once they get to that point, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking tray for 15-20 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. They'll finish cooking a little even after you remove them from the oven BUT they'll be way too soft touch until they've rested. After 15-20 minutes, use a spatula and carefully remove them and place then on a wire rack to cool completely. This will give you that perfectly soft, melt in your mouth chocolate chip cookie.
- Don't rush these. These aren't going to take forever to make BUT they're not like the slice, bake and be done in 10 minute type of cookies. They're going to need you to have a little patience but oh it'll be worth it!
- Once they're completely cool, dip them into the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle chopped mini robin eggs onto the chocolate before it hardens! Lay them on wax paper so that the chocolate can firm up.
Leave a Comment