- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Total Time: 45m
- Yield: 9 bars
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup Rolos, unwrapped and cut in half
- 1 small can (7-8 oz) prepared dulce de leche
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8” or 9x9” baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan.
- Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and melted butter with a spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Press ¾ of the dough into the prepared pan in an even layer; top with all of the halved Rolo candies.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together half of the can of dulce de leche and the full can of sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Pour the mixture evenly over the Rolo candies.
- Crumble the remaining dough on top, trying as best as you can to cover the condensed milk layer as completely as possible. It’s okay if some of the condensed milk mixture peeks through.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until the center appears mostly set – if it jiggles a little bit, that’s okay.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars. Once cut, drizzle with remaining dulce de leche.
- NOTE: Because these brownies are super fudgy and gooey, you may want to wait for the brownies to set up overnight before cutting into bars.
Leave a Comment