- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 4h
- Total Time: 4h 15m
- Yield: 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon herb de provence (optional)
- ½ tablespoon GREEK seasoning (salt free)
- ½ tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (soul food seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon medium/mild chili powder
- Aluminum Foil
- In a small bowl, combine all of the spices and stir.
- Rinse whole chicken and pat dry.
- Sprinkle and rub spice mixture all over entire chicken.
- Make a few Aluminum Foil balls and place into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- (I’ve used a 6-quart slow cooker and an 8-quart slow cooker for this chicken)
- Place chicken on top of Aluminum Foil balls.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is done. Chicken is done when it reaches 165° F. Don’t overcook this or you’ll have dry chicken.
Leave a Comment