- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 45m
- Yield: 16 Chalkboard Brownies
- 2 boxes brownie mix - batter prepared with the correct amount of oil, water and egg ratios on back of the box
- 8 fun sized Snickers candy bars cut in half
- 1 cup chocolate frosting (1 can premake or homemade recipe)
- Black Food Coloring
- White decorating icing
- Apple Icing decorations (homemade or store bought - homemade directions in the post above)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make brownie batter according to the box directions or recipe.
- Pour the brownie batter into the molds, but only fill them up about 1/2 way.
- Cut a Snickers fun size candy bar in half and press it down into the middle of each brownie batter square.
- Bake for about 17-20 minutes at 350F or until done. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes before trying to get them out of the pan.
- Once they're out of the pan, let them cool completely before icing them.
- When it's time to icing them, it's time to turn them into little brownie chalkboards!
- Mix the chocolate icing and a few drops of black food coloring together until the icing turns black.
- Fill a piping bag with the black icing and pipe a border before icing the brownie, then spread black icing over the center of the brownie until smooth.
- You can skip the piping step and just spread black icing over the center of the brownie until smooth if you want.
- Now it's time to decorate!
- Use white decorating icing to pipe ABC onto each brownie.
- Place a sugar apple onto the chalkboard and you\'re done!
Leave a Comment