- Cook Time: 45m
- Yield: 9 - 12 Brownies
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or chocolate extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce chocolate syrup
- 9 peanut butter cups
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 8 cups powdered sugar + more if desired for thicker icing
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Gummy Eyeballs
- No. 8B Open Star Decorating Tip
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper or foil with overlapping ends (this will make it easier to remove the brownies later).
- In a large bowl, combine the diced butter, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Let chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- When chocolate mixture has cooled a bit, stir in vanilla and salt.
- Next, stir in eggs.
- Mix in flour until completely incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate syrup.
- Pour batter into prepared pan & press peanut butter cups down into the batter.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Cream butter in the bowl of a mixer.
- Add cream cheese and mix well.
- Slowly add powdered sugar while mixing.
- Add vanilla. Whip.
- Add more powdered sugar for thicker icing or add a bit of milk for thinner icing.
- Cut into 9-12 brownies.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled brownies with a No. 8B Open Star Decorating Tip.
- Sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles and top with gummy eyeballs.