- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 12m
- Total Time: 22m
- Yield: 50 crouton sticks
- 1 loaf Italian bread, store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Roasted Garlic for topping hummus *** optional
- Preheat Oven to 375F.
- Slice a loaf of Italian bread in half lengthwise, like you were going to make a huge sandwich.
- Cut each big top piece in half again.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully, cut the two half loafs of bread into sticks. Make them as short or as long as you\'d like. I normally keep mine to about 3 inches and I can normally get about 50 crouton sticks from 1 loaf of bread.
- Lay the pieces out onto a baking sheet, or two if you have room for two baking sheets in your oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Brush each piece of bread with the olive oil and garlic mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve with your favorite Sabra Hummus. -- Tip - top hummus with roasted garlic and olive oil for a special touch!