- Prep Time:30m
- Cook Time:12m
- Total Time:45m
- Yield: 24 Cookie Cups
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Baking spray or butter to butter muffin tin
Other Items Needed
- 4 -5 cups chocolate pudding (homemade or storebought)
- 1 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 48 Gummy Worms
For Cookie Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter until very light and creamy. Add sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together.
- Add flour mixture all at once to butter mixture. Mix until dough forms - but do not overmix.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.6
- Spray a regular sized muffin tin with butter spray.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoon of chilled dough and roll into ball. Use thumbs to press ball into a bowl shape. Press cookie dough bowl into muffin pan.
- Continue until muffin pan is full.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Use back of spoon to make a well in dough, press dough back into a cup/bowl shape.
- Let cookie cups cool completely on wire rack before removing cookies from muffin tin.
Making Pudding Cups:
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of pudding to each cookie cups.
- Top with crushed oreos (for the dirt)
- Gut Gummy worms in half and add pieces to cookie cups