- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 12m
- Total Time: 4h
- Yield: 12 Cups Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 8 ounces block of cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cubed or sliced ham
- 12 ounces (1 bottle) or 2 bottles) Italian dressing
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove top.
- Liberally salt the water after it starts to boil. (It\'s said that you should make pasta water like the ocean before cooking pasta).
- Add in dry pasta and cook for 12 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, cubed cheese into tiny piece and dice ham into bite sized pieces.
- When pasta is done cooking and drained, stir in the ham, but let the pasta cool slightly before adding in the cheese as you don\'t want to melt it.
- Stir in the Italian dressing and make sure to stir until all is coated. I like to have an extra bottle on hand to drizzle over the pasta salad right before I serve it.
- Put pasta salad into the fridge for a few hours or until cold before serving.
- I like it better once it\'s set over night, it always taste better the next day but may need more dressing drizzled over it after it\'s set in the fridge overnight.