- Yield: 24 Turtles
- 120 Pecan Halves (about 1.5 - 2 cups)
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces Chocolate (I used the Food Lion Brand Candiquik)
- 11 ounces Caramel (I used the Kraft Caramel Bits)
- Sea Salt (Optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay the pecans out on a sheet tray and brush them with about 2-4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Stick the tray of pecans into the oven and toast them for about 5 minutes.
- *don\'t let them burn*
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
- Melt the caramel according to the package directions.
- Spoon a teaspoon of chocolate onto wax paper or onto a Non-Stick Silicone mat.
- Top the Chocolate with 4 pecans, in the shape of a cross.
- Add another pecan to the center.
- Spoon a tablespoon of caramel over the middle of the pecan cluster.
- Top the caramel with chocolate.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt.
- Let the chocolate sit until hardened (about 10 minutes or so).
Leave a Comment