- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 8 Homemade S'mores Poptarts
For the Poptarts
- 2 rolls refrigerated rolled pie crust (found near the biscuits and cinnamon rolls in the store)
- 1 -2 cups Chocolate Spread or Nutella
- 1 -2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
For the Glaze
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coco powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers (optional for top)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Roll each pie dough sheet out into a large rectangle. (There are normally 2 rolls of dough in each package).
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza roller, cut out 16 rectangles. You may need to gather the scraps and re- roll the pie dough for the last 4 rectangles.
- Fill a plastic sandwich bag (or a piping bag) with the marshmallow fluff and fill another bag with the chocolate spread.
- Leaving about a 1/4 inch or 1/2 an inch border around the edges, cut the tip of each bag and pipe stripes of marshmallow fluff and chocolate down the center of the dough. I alternated stripes of chocolate, marshmallow, chocolate, marshmallow and chocolate.
- Wet your finger with a little water and run it around the bare edges of the dough.
- Add a top layer of pie dough and press the edges down to seal in the chocolate and marshmallow fluff.
- Take a fork and press the edges sealed all the the way around the poptart.
- Bake at 400F for about 10 minutes. (Don't over bake them or you won't have any chocolate or marshmallow left in the center)
- Remove from oven and place on a wire tray to cool.
- Once they're cool, start making the glaze.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter and coco powder.
- Add in the powdered sugar and hot water. Mix until smooth.
- Use a spoon and scoop the glaze out onto the poptarts. Use the back off the spoon to smooth it over the top of the poptarts.
- If it starts to get too thick in the bowl while you're glazing the poptarts just pop the bowl into the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
- Glaze will harden as it cools.
- While the glaze is still wet, sprinkle a little crushed graham crackers over the glaze.
- Let poptarts sit for just a bit until glaze dries.
- (PS. if you want to heat these, heat them in the oven or the microwave, DON'T put them in the toaster....the glaze will melt into your toaster)