- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:24m
- Yield: about 3-4 cups
- 3 cups slice and hulled strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a medium sauce pan, add 2 cups of sliced strawberries, sugar and water.
- Stir and Bring a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add in the rest of the strawberry slices and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add in butter. Stir well.
- Store in the fridge. Use over ice cream, shortcakes or eat it with a spoon. haha