- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 12 ounces fully cooked andouille sausage
- 12 ounces large uncooked shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon bacon salt (optional)
- 1 box instant cheesy grits (12 - one ounce packets)
- 3 cups boiling water
- In a medium skillet, cook the andouille sausage over medium high heat until hot.
- Remove from skillet and slice into coins. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the grits and boiling water. Sprinkle in bacon salt if using and stir well. Let sit to thicken.
- Toss peeled shrimp into the skillet. Sprinkle with the seasoning salt.
- Stir around and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink and curled.
- Spoon grits into serving bowl, Top with sausage and cooked shrimp.
Leave a Comment