- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- Yield: 9x13 Casserole dish
- Category: Side DIsh
- 4 pounds red skinned potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) softened and cut into chunks
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature & cut into pieces
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.Chop the red skinned potatoes into cubes and toss them into a large pot of water. Bring the pot of water to a boil and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon. Cook it on the stove top or in the oven until crisp. Once the bacon is cooked, drain it, set it aside to cool and then chop it into pieces.
- Once the potatoes are tender drain them and add them back to the pot. Add in the cream cheese and butter. Mash the potatoes, cream cheese and butter together. Mash until creamy and then add in the garlic powder, pepper and seasoning salt.
- Pour in the milk and cream. Stir together until well combined. Taste and season if needed.
- Add in 3 cups of the cheese and almost all of the bacon and stir together.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the rest of the cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Leave a Comment