- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef
- 1/2 pound filet mignon
- 1 teaspoon your favorite seasoning (I used Pike's Peak Butcher's Rub)
- 1 stick butter,unsalted
- 6 ounces sliced carrots
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 Marsala cooking wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 15 ounces can green peas, drained
- 1 roll puff pastry, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Chop stew beef and filet into bite size pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or large stock pot.
- Add steak. Seasoning with 1 teaspoon of your favorite seasoning.
- Cook on low for 15-20 minutes or until beef is cooked to your liking. Stir occasionally. Cook it a little under because it\'s going to cook later in the oven.
- Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to the pot and melt over medium heat.
- Add sliced carrots and sliced mushrooms. Stir.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in Marsala cooking wine. Stir. Add in beef broth and stir.
- Simmer and allow mixture to thicken for a few minutes.
- Add in peas. Stir.
- Add another teaspoon or so of seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Pour filling into l large oven proof dish or 4 smaller individual dishes.
- Roll out thawed puff pastry and top pot pies. (Use a little flour is pastry dough is sticking)
- Gently press it against the edges of the skillet.
- Brush the top of the puff pastry dough with a light coating of egg wash.
- Slice 3-4 holes in top to allow pot pies to vent while baking. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown
Kate | Life of a Ginger says
Yum! This sounds delicious. Pot pie is a favorite of ours and your beef pot pie looks amazing!