- Yield: 24 Mickey Mouse Oreo Cupcakes
- 1 box devils food chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream (8oz container)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 2 teapsoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (or millk)
- Icing from 10-15 oreos
- Cookies from 5-10 oreos crushed into crumbs
You'll Also Need
- 24 Oreos cookies broke in half for the ears
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix together the egg whites, water, and vanilla.
- Mix on low for about 10 seconds. Slowly add the dry mix a little at a time. Mixing on low until everything is combined.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Line a muffin/cupcake tin with paper liners. Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full of batter. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cooled, use a small spoon or knife to remove from of the center of the cupcake. Set aside.
- Cream butter in the bowl of a mixer. Add cream cheese and mix well. Slowly add powdered sugar while mixing. Add in oreo creams. Mix well. Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix until combined.
- Add a few tablespoons of icing to the bowl of cupcake centers. Mix together until a dough forms. Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place one on top of each cooled cupcake.
- Using a piping bag, fitted with a 2D Drop Flower Decorating Tip and swirl the icing onto the cupcake, going around the cake ball until everything is cover and a point is made. (Like a triangle or icing)
- Sprinkle oreo crumbs over the cupcakes. Add oreos for Mickey ears.
Leave a Comment