- Yield: 18 mini corn dogs
- 6 hot dogs, cooked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour, plus extra for dusting
- *I used a deep fryer for these, but you could carefully fry these in a pot of oil on the stove*
- Heat the oil to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- In a small bowl whisk, egg and milk together. Pour into flour mixture. Stir to combine. Batter will be thick. If to thick add a little milk. If to thin add a little more cornmeal.
- Cut each hot dog into 3 pieces. Pour a little flour onto a plate and roll the hot dogs around in the flour. *This will help the batter stick to the hot dog*
- Dip the hot dog pieces into the batter, then place them into the fryer. Work in small batches, I did 3-4 at a time.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and lay on a paper towel lined plate.
- Continue until all mini corn dogs are finished.