- Yield: Makes 16-18 small brownies
- 1 (18 1⁄2 oz [525 g]) box brownie mix + ingredients needed to prepare brownies
- 2 cups (375 g) chocolate peanut butter cups, such as Reese’s, halved (about 35)
- 2 cups (480 g) peanut butter morsels, found near the chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz [415 ml]) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare your brownies according to package instructions in an 8″ x 8″ (20 x 20 cm) pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Leave them in the pan and let them cool completely.
- Top the brownies with the halved chocolate peanut butter cups, and then prepare the simple peanut butter fudge.
- Bring a small pot filled with 2 inches (5 cm) of water to a boil on the stove top. Find a metal or glass bowl that can easily rest on top of the pot without the bottom touching the water. Add the peanut butter morsels, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the bowl. Stir the mixture over the boiling water until it becomes smooth. Pour the peanut butter fudge over the top of the brownies in an even layer. Let the fudge cool for at least 2 to 3 hours before slicing.
Shawn’s Cooking Tip:
- Lining a baking pan with parchment paper makes it extremely easy to remove the baked goods from the pan once they are cool, so slicing them into the perfect size bar is a breeze!
Leave a Comment