- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h 15m
- Total Time: 1h 30m
- Yield: 6 wedge servings
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Rainbow Chard – 1 bushel – about 14 large leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt + more for salted water
- 8 ounces sliced mushroom
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rinse Rainbow chard well and cut off stems (but don’t throw them away!)
- Cut leaves in half.
- Bring small pan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the stems of the rainbow chard to the boiling water. Cook for two minutes. After two minutes, remove from water and let cool.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet.
- Add rainbow chard leaves to the skillet and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook 7-8 minutes or until wilted. Stirring Occasionally.
- Add mushroom, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Break eggs into a bowl. Whisk Eggs with pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Add rainbow chard leaves and mushrooms to eggs. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Top egg mixture with rainbow chard stems.
- Bake 45 minutes or until eggs are completely cooked.
Leave a Comment