- Yield: 48 straws
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic rosemary seasoning
- (or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder & 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese, rosemary garlic seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, crack one egg and whisk together with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.Gently use a floured rolling pin to stretch pastry into a large rectangle.
- Use a pastry brush and brush egg wash over the surface of the puff pastry until completely covered.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over each puff pastry sheet.
- Gently press the mixture into the pastry sheets.
- Using a pizza cutter or a very sharp knife cut the pastry dough in half across horizontally.
- Cut each half into 1/2 inch strips.
- Hold the ends of each pastry strip and twist your hands in the opposite direction to twist the straw. Lay each straw onto the backing sheet about 1/2 an inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets.
Leave a Comment