- Serves: 3
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and honey in a resealable bag. Add the salmon and mix to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Remove salmon, reserving the marinade.
- Heat a frying pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, swirl in the oil.
- Sear salmon, 2 minutes per side.
- Turn heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through.