- Yield: 80 small cakesicles OR 30-40 Medium Cakesicles
- 1 box french vanilla mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Adam's Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 - 4 tablespoons milk
For Decorating Cakesicles
- 80 ounces blue candy melts
- 15 ounces white candy melts
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Mini White Chocolate seashells
- 80 popsicle sticks
- Mold from Wilton's DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit OR You can form them by hand
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix together the egg whites and vanilla, water, milk and oil.
- Mix on low for about 10 seconds.
- Slowly add the dry mix a little at a time. Mixing on low until everything is combined.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- With in electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar while mixing.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add milk 1/2 a tablespoon at a time and mix until icing is smooth.
To Decorate Cakesicles
- Crumble cake into crumbs and mix icing into cake crumbs until a dough forms.
- Using the Wilton DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Mold:
- Melt the blue candy melts according to the package directions.
- Add a tablespoon or so of the blue melted candy into the cavities of the pop mold and gently spread the candy melts along the bottom and sides to make sure all of the mold is coasted. Don't fill the entire mold though, this is just creating a candy shell.
- Place the mold into the fridge for 5 minutes for the candy melts to harden.
- Using about a 1/2 a tablespoon of the cakesicle dough for each mold, press dough into the center of the hardened candy melts. Spread it out a bit but don\'t go all the way to the edges.
- Insert wooden popsicle sticks and press them into the dough.
- Spoon more blue melted candy over the back of the pops and lightly tap the tray to make sure the melted candy goes down the sides.
- Remove any excess candy melts and place back into the fridge to harden.
- Once hardened, carefully remove cakesicles from mold. Don't be too rough or they may break.
- Add a bit of melted chocolate to the top and front of the cakesicle and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers to create the beach sand.
- Then pipe a few lines of the melted white candy melts across the cakesicles and use a food safe brush to pull the melted chocolate downwards to create the waves.
- Add a few mini chocolate seashells to complete the pop. Use white chocolate to glue the mini chocolate seashells onto the pop.
- You can buy candy seashells or use a silicone food safe seashell mold and white chocolate to make them at home.
- Let pops sit for 10-15 minutes for chocolate decorations to harden.
You can also shape these by hand!
- To make these without the mold:
- After the cake crumbs and icing is mixed into a dough, form cakesicles by hand and place them on a sheet pan (or something small enough to fit into your fridge or freezer).
- Add popsicle sticks and place into fridge or freezer for 1-2 hours or until super cold.
- Melt blue chocolate according to package directions and dip each cakesicle into melted chocolate. Lay on a flat surface to harden and then decorate like pops above.