- Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 -5 chicken tenders (skinless boneless) (or use chicken breast)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or pot to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, 1/2 cup cornstarch, egg, salt, baking powder and water. Whisk until combined.
- Chop chicken tenders into bite size pieces. Dip chicken into batter and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Once oil is hot, drop chicken pieces (working in small batches), into the hot oil and fry for about 3 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Continue until all of the chicken is cooked.
- In a large skillet or a wok, heat 5 tablespoons of oil on medium to high heat.
- Chop broccoli and add to wok. Cook broccoli for 6-7 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Broccoli should start to turn a darker shade of green.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken broth, white wine, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Pour into wok, stir and let reduce until it starts to thicken.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add in the chicken and gently stir to coat it with the sauce. Heat for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from wok and serve.
- ** I served mine over Sesame Noodles*