- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 8 slices of sourdough bread (or your favorite kind)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- dash of salt and pepper
Ingredients for Homemade Garlic Toast
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil. Add a a few tablespoons of salt to the boiling water. Add in the fettuccine and cook for about 12 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and let it melt.
- Once the butter is melted add in the minced garlic. Stir the garlic and let the garlic cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add them to the skillet. Cook the shrimp until they begin to curl up and have turned pink, this will take between 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside. *place the shrimp in a bowl with a clean dish towel draped over it to keep them warm*
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When the butter has melted, add the shrimp back into the pan. Add in the chopped parsley and cooked pasta.
- Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
Directions for Homemade Garlic Toast
- Stir butter, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper together. Spread onto toast. Broil on low for just a few seconds until toasted. Watch carefully! It will burn quickly!