- 8 -16 oz bacon
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth (store bought or homemade) (or Beef Broth)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- A Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion power
- 2 tablespoons garlic power (or minced garlic)
- 2 pounds ground beef (I used 85% Lean, 15% Fat Ground Beef)
- 1 (16oz) box shell pasta**Additional cheese and bacon bits for garnish**
- Cook the bacon until crispy. I normally cook my bacon in the oven at 425F for about 25 minutes. Once cooked, drained and cooled, chop the bacon into bacon bits. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef and sprinkle with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain grease if necessary.
- Add ground beef to crock-pot. (I used a 6 quart slow cooker)
- Add in the tomatoes (with the juice), water and chicken broth. Stir.
- Add in the bacon and mushrooms. Stir.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
30 minutes before serving:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and corn starch.
- Whisk into the soup.
- Add in the cheese and stir. Cook on low for 30 minutes.
- While that\'s cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook for about 12 minutes. Drain and add to slow cooker. Gently stir.
- Serve Hot with cheese and bacon on top of each bowl.
- **NOTE - This thickens ALOT when cooled and kept in the fridge. I normally reheat with a little water or chicken broth.