- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8h
- Total Time: 8h 10m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: about 8 bowls of soup
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon tomato powder (or 1 teaspoon tomato paste)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon Pike's Peak Butchers Rub (or your favorite steak seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 pounds stew beef (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add beef to the pan and sprinkle the Pike\'s Peak Butchers Rub all over it. Stir and sear until all sides are browned.
- Add the red potatoes and carrots to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add in the beef and mushrooms.
- Whisk the pepper, garlic powder and onion powder into the beef broth. Whisk in the tomato powder.
- Pour in the beef broth over the beef.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.
Leave a Comment